The best quietest window air conditioner keeps rooms cool without being bothersome. For this reason, it is a perfect addition to bedrooms where total silence is required, especially at night. What’s even better, this air conditioner is high performance despite being quiet. It cools the room quickly and effectively.
Plus it is Energy Star rated to give you peace of mind knowing that your electric bill will not skyrocket. Before choosing one, however, you need to do a little research. And there is no better place for that than right here where we have only discussed popular products.
- List of the Best Quietest Window Air Conditioner in 2020
- 01. MIDEA MAW08R1BWT EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
- 02. Midea 12,000BTU U Inverter Window Air Conditioner
- 03. FRIGIDAIRE 17” Window Air Conditioner with 5000BTU (FFRA051ZA1)
- 04. TOSOT Window Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 8,000 BTU
- 05. Frigidaire 10000BTU FFRS1022R1 Window Air Conditioner
- 06. LG 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner (LW8016ER)
- 07. GE White Smart Window Air Conditioner (AHY08LZ)
- 08. AmazonBasics Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote
- 09. Haier 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner (QHQ06LZ)
- 10. TCL 12W3E1-A 12,000 BTU window-air-conditioner
- Buying Guide: The Best Quietest Window Air Conditioner
List of the Best Quietest Window Air Conditioner in 2020
01. MIDEA MAW08R1BWT EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
MIDEA MAW08R1BWT is a 3-in-1 unit that combines dehumidification, air conditioning, and fan-only modes to make your home much better than before. It offers efficient and fast cooling and dehumidification; thanks to its 8,000 BTU capacity. Besides, this air conditioner is perfect for rooms up to 350 square feet.
You can, therefore, use it in the office, apartment, or at home to enjoy maximum comfort. An LED digital display panel and a cleverly-designed remote control make changing all the settings from across the room a cakewalk.
What’s more, you do not need significant modification to the frame of the existing window to install this air conditioner. Plus the air conditioner comes with all mounting accessories. It is, however, crucial to note that a screwdriver is not included. It is also vital to note that pilot holes are recommended in some window frames.
- Quiet and cools nicely
- The remote works well
- Appears to be fairly well made
- The design is elegant
- Takes a very short time to cool down the room
- Packaging and shipping could be improved
02. Midea 12,000BTU U Inverter Window Air Conditioner
Midea 12,000 BTU AC is one of the first units to obtain the ENERGY STAR MOST Efficient Certification in 2020. As if that’s not enough, the unit is equipped with advanced DC inverter technology that enables it to achieve more than 35-percent energy savings than conventional AC units.
And when it comes to quietness; the Midea Inverter AC is 9X quieter compared to conventional units. It has a U-shape design that uses your window to block the noise from the cooling system. This unique design enables the AC to produce noise levels of only 42dB when operating.
That being said, you will enjoy a restful night’s sleep every time. Ideally, the design allows your window to remain open, meaning you will always enjoy the fresh air with this AC. The unit is Wi-Fi-enabled; hence, all you need to do is install the MideaAir app on your Android or IOS and control it from anywhere through the cloud.
- The design is gorgeous
- Blows out cold air efficiently
- The app works nicely
- The design allows you to open the window easily
- Installation is not very straightforward
03. FRIGIDAIRE 17” Window Air Conditioner with 5000BTU (FFRA051ZA1)
FRIGIDAIRE FFRA051ZA1 has a cooling capacity of 5000 BTU and dimensions of 41.2 by 40.8 by 30.2 inches. The weight, on the other hand, is 39.7 pounds. Other specifications of this AC are a noise level of 55dB; voltage of 115, and wattage of 450. The side panels of this AC extend to fit your window perfectly.
Furthermore, the AC comes with an ultra long 3-prong cord that eliminates the need for extension cords. Another exciting feature is the Effortless Restart function that allows FFRA051ZA1 to resume operating at its previous settings when power is restored to it.
There is also a Quick Cool/Warm mode to speed up the fan and ensure the unit performs optimally. The AC maintains the pre-set room temperature; hence, you will always stay comfortable. Plus it comes with a highly efficient and easy-to-clean filter. The filter captures dirt from the air, thereby, keeping the AC working properly.
- Seems to be solidly made
- Frigidaire stands by it
- Cools fairly large rooms pretty fast
- It looks great and will complement your décor
- The clean the filter, you must pull it out from the side, and this can be a bit tricky
04. TOSOT Window Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 8,000 BTU
TOSOT 8,000 BTU AC is ideal for rooms up to 350 square feet. It is effective, and, therefore, cools the room it is placed in very fast. The AC also has a modern-looking design that will no doubt take the look of your home to the next level. It is also small and fits beautifully on most windows.
Better yet, the modern, minimalistic design is not at the expense of performance as this unit is one of the most versatile on the market. It is a 3-in-1 AC that not only works as an air conditioner but also can be used as a dehumidifier. Furthermore, the unit has a mode for fan-only.
The thermostat is on the remote, and this allows the AC to cool your space based on the remote. The AC is Energy-Star rated, meaning it is suitable for the environment and friendly to your wallet.
- The white panel gives a slick look
- Instructions are easy to understand
- Remote control comes with batteries and is easy to use
- The unit only shows the set temperature – does not show the temp inside the room
05. Frigidaire 10000BTU FFRS1022R1 Window Air Conditioner
Frigidaire FFRS1022R1 is an excellent solution for staying comfortable in your space during hot days. It cools rooms up to 450 square feet. You should, however, note that this AC is not designed to be installed on double-hung windows. Instead, it is perfect for casement windows or sliding horizontal windows.
The ready-select electronic controls will let you choose options effortlessly with the touch of a button. Besides, this window AC comes with a full-function remote control that will let you control the fan speed and temperature with ease from across the room.
The fan has 3 different speeds to provide you with more cooling options. There is also a 4-way air direction control that lets you direct the air where you want it. The filter is washable and features front, tilt-out access to capture dust from the air, and ensure your AC is working efficiently.
- Fits nicely in the casement window
- The energy saver setting is a nice feature
- The AC is shipped extremely fast
- The packaging comes undamaged
- The remote control is good
- Not the quietest, but also not very loud
06. LG 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner (LW8016ER)
The cooling power of LG LW8016ER is 2344.57 W. This enables it to output nice cool air throughout the room. Ideally, this unit cools rooms up to 340 sq. ft. which is really nice. With it, you will easily beat the heat of hot summer days. The 3 fan speeds give you more control airflow, thereby, making sure all your needs are met.
There is also a 4-way air deflection that further makes it easy to enjoy the cool air. Simply adjust the deflection to direct air down, right, left, or up. In other words, adjusting the deflection helps you move the air where it is needed most.
The self-timer duration goes up to 24 hours. Additionally, this window-mounted air conditioner weighs 58lbs and its dimensions are 19.6 by 19.4 by 12.4 inches. It is very easy to operate; thanks to the included remote.
- The control panel is easy to use
- Shipping is done in a fashionable manner
- Holds up well to daily use
- Cools small spaces beautifully
- The unit is relatively quiet
- Packaging could be improved so the unit can arrive in good condition
07. GE White Smart Window Air Conditioner (AHY08LZ)
GE AHY08LZ has a cooling capacity of 8,000 BTU, and it is Energy Star Certified. It uses a 115-volt electrical outlet and comes with a window mounting kit. This helps make installation easy. The AC unit also comes with a remote control to help you operate it from across the room.
Furthermore, the unit is Wi-Fi-enabled; hence, you can wirelessly control its functions from your cell phone. Plus it works with Google Assistant, Alexa, and Apple Homekit. It quickly cools down rooms up to 350 square feet.
Needless to say, this air conditioner is perfect for the kitchen, bedroom, guest room, kid’s room, etc. The dehumidification is up to 2.1 pints per hour. And the unit fits windows measuring between 24-1/2 and 36 inches wide and with a minimum height of 13-3/8 inches. An easy-to-clean filter is included to help the unit work efficiently all the time.
- The shipping is good
- Easy to control via the remote
- The noise level is acceptable
- The fan is powerful
- Setting up the AC to work with the smart features can be quite cumbersome
08. AmazonBasics Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote
AmazonBasics Wind-Mounted AC is remote controlled so you can operate it from across the room. It dehumidifies and cools down rooms up to 250 square feet and with a standard ceiling of 9ft. Besides, this AC unit features a built-in filter that keeps it clean so it can keep working efficiently.
The filter can be removed, washed, and then used again. The AC unit comes with a 3-prong 6ft 115-volt power cord. As you can see, the cord is long enough to ensure maximum convenience. The unit also features a 24-hour on/off timer, a clean filter alert, an adjustable air direction, a sleep mode, an auto restart, and an auto-shutoff.
Plus it has 3 fan speed settings to help you customize results. It is designed to fit standard windows with a maximum height/width of 36” by 36” and a minimum height/width of 14” by 23”.
- The price is inexpensive
- The delivery is very fast
- Great for the living room and kitchen
- The energy saver mode is a nice feature
- It is easy to install
- The buttons have symbols instead of words
09. Haier 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner (QHQ06LZ)
Haier QHQ06LZ measures 17.31 by 18.13 by 15 inches. It fits windows measuring 21-7/8 inches to 36 inches wide and with a minimum height of 13-3/8 inches. What’s more, Haier QHQ06LZ is packed with numerous features.
These include 3 fan speeds to help you get the cooling experience you want; 2-way air direction to allow you to direct the air where it is needed, and 3 cool speeds to ensure peerless performance. The AC unit cools rooms up to 250 square feet in no time and boasts dehumidification of up to 1.6 pints per hour.
It also has an energy saver mode to make sure there is no significant rise in the electric bills. An air filter is included, and it is extremely easy to clean. An easy window mounting kit is also included to help make installation a breeze. The unit uses a standard 115-volt outlet.
- Quieter than conventional AC units
- The delay setting and remote control are very convenient
- Extremely easy to install
- Suitable for the kid’s room
- Shipping could be better so customers do not receive the unit dented
10. TCL 12W3E1-A 12,000 BTU window-air-conditioner
With a BTU rating of 12,000, TCL 12W3E1-A is powerful, fast, and very effective. What’s even better, this unit delivers outstanding results without making a lot of noise. It cools rooms up to 550 square feet, and it is easy to install and use. Setting it up takes minutes only. And this is because the AC unit comes with a window mounting bracket.
Plus it features front-mounted, electronic controls, which are intuitive and easy to operate. A 24-hour timer and numerous cooling and fan speed modes allow 24/7 conditioning. Furthermore, there is an Auto Restart function that allows this unit to turn back on if power is lost as well as to maintain the same settings you had set previously.
A washable and reusable filter is included to help reduce room odors, bacteria, and airborne particles. This helps create a much comfortable and healthier environment.
- Ideal for a smaller apartment
- Installation is a no-brainer
- No noise to bother you while you are asleep
- Window-mounting bracket and washable filter are included
- The auto-restart is very useful
- None so far
Buying Guide: The Best Quietest Window Air Conditioner
The following factors will help you settle on powerful yet incredibly quiet AC units.
The noise level is the first thing you should check when buying a quiet window AC. Noise is measured in decibels (dB); meaning, the lower the dB, the quieter the AC. Units with 55dB and below are highly recommended.
After being convinced that the AC you have set your eyes on is quiet, the next thing you need to consider is whether it will fit your window. To get this spot on, make sure you know the measurements of your window. Also, check the dimensions of the AC you are set to buy and the size of windows it is compatible with.
Installing an AC unit on your window can be a little tricky. It is, therefore, important to invest in a model that comes with a mounting window bracket. Furthermore, make sure the installation instructions are simple and easy to understand so you do not miss a vital step during installation.
Some features are too important to miss from your AC. These include an energy saver mode, multiple fan & cooling speeds, and auto restart. These features save energy, increase performance, and make the AC very convenient to use.
Most air conditioners do a good job of keeping homes cool during hot summer days. But again, these units tend to make a lot of noise while going about their business. That’s why it is time you go for something better. Something that keeps rooms cool and comfortable yet you will not even know it is there.