The best walkie talkie for mountains can come in handy for helping you communicate with your team or family during a mountaineering adventure or hiking trip. This walkie talkie normally has a good range that makes it preferred to cell phones, which may lose signal in such a hostile place as the mountains.
It is a great investment because, with it, you will always stay together and respond fast enough in case one of you needs some help. That being said, we are going to take you through this walkie talkie in the reviews below.
- List of The Best Walkie Talkie for Mountains in 2020
- 01. Arcshell 2 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
- 02. Arcshell 4 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
- 03. Arcshell 6 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
- 04. Uniden FRS Two-Way Radio Walkie Talkies (SX507-2CKHS)
- 05. Motorola 3 Pack Talkabout Radio (T260TP)
- 06. Topsung Two Way Radios for Adults (Orange 2 in 1)
- 07. Rivins 4 Pack Walkie Talkies 2-Way Radios RV-7
- 08. Ansoko Pack of 4 Long Range Walkie Talkies
- 09. Greaval walkie talkies 10 Pack Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
- 10. Arcshell 2 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece (Black & Red)
- Buying Guide: The Best Walkie Talkie for Mountains
List of The Best Walkie Talkie for Mountains in 2020
01. Arcshell 2 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
Without the antenna, Arcshell 2-way Radios measure 4.53 inches high by 2.36 inches wide by 1.30 inches thick. The antenna length is 4.3 inches. These radios are also very lightweight as they weigh 6.3 ounces. Their small sizes enable them to fit perfectly in the hands. Needless to say, these radios are easy to carry and use on the go.
Despite being small and lightweight, these rechargeable radios are solidly built. They are also water-resistant, and, therefore, hold up well to hostile outdoor conditions. Furthermore, these radios are so easy to use they are recommended for all ages.
Plus they consume just 2 wattages of power. To further improve their portability, these radios come equipped with a removable belt. Ideally, the walkie-talkie system has a decent frequency range of 400 – 470MHz. It is also equipped with 16 pre-programmed channels to ensure peerless performance.
- Radio reception is good and clear
- Customer support is fantastic
- The price is good
- Makes a nice present for kids
- Rechargeable batteries are cost-effective
- Made of plastic, but this does not affect their sturdiness
02. Arcshell 4 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
These 2-way radios by Arcshell are also small and convenient to use. What’s more, each of these radios comes with a charging dock and a 1500mAh Li-ion battery (rechargeable). Ideally, their charge works with 110 volts – 240 volts. And this means you will be able to charge your walkie talkies anywhere in the world.
It takes the battery around 2-1/2 hours to fully charge. And once charged; the battery lasts up to 8 – 96 hours, based on how much you are transmitting. Another wonderful thing to say about these radios is that their batteries can be charged independently or charged together with these radios.
The built-in speaker of these radios is high-quality, and it offers crystal clear and loud sound. There is also a Push-to-Talk button that helps make these radios very easy to use.
- Customer service is outstanding
- The quality is top-notch
- The price is hard to beat
- Radios work well inside buildings and even elevators
- Sound quality is good
- The return window is very short
03. Arcshell 6 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
Each of these radios comes with an earpiece. When plugged in, the earpiece keeps the speaker silent. The plug of the earpiece is K-type of 2.5mm plug and 3.5mm plug. In a nutshell, the included earpiece helps make these 2-way radios very convenient to use. The range of these radios varies, depending on the terrain.
That is to say; when there are no obstructions, the range can be up to 5 miles. These radios are ideal for the construction team, warehouse, fire department, maintenance team, security team, and factory. They are also perfect for use at school and hotel. Other applications include family camping and/or hunting, in mountains, and on a cruise ships.
It is clear that these 2-way radios are very versatile. Like other Arcshell Walkie Talkies, these units are small and lightweight for unmatched portability. Each of them weighs just 6.3 ounces and measures 4.53 inches high by 1.30 inches thick by 2.36 inches wide. These measurements are minus the antenna.
- Makes family vacation convenient and stress-free
- The price is fantastic
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor communication
- Not the most durable
04. Uniden FRS Two-Way Radio Walkie Talkies (SX507-2CKHS)
Uniden SX507-2CKHS has a mile range of up to For this reason, you can use it on a camping trip or during biking, caravanning, or shopping. The 50-mile range means you will be able to communicate clearly using these two devices. It is important to note that the range may be affected by buildings, trees, hills, and other obstructions.
These 2-way radio walkie talkies also boast 22 channels and 142 privacy codes. These allow you to communicate without any interruptions. Additionally, these walkie talkies operate on industry-standard frequencies.
As such, you will be able to communicate with people via other brands or models. These walkie talkies are certified JIS7 and can be submerged up to 3 feet of water for up to a half-an-hour. But again, these radios are designed to float. And, for this reason, you will not need to dive in to retrieve them in case they accidentally get into the water.
- Radios appear to be durable
- Setting up the radios is a no-brainer
- The appearance of these radios is amazing
- The battery life leaves a lot to be desired
05. Motorola 3 Pack Talkabout Radio (T260TP)
The 22 channels in Motorola T260TP have 121 Privacy Codes each. If you do the math, this totals to 2,662 combinations. Well, this means finding an available channel with this 2-way radio system is a breeze. Additionally, this talkabout radio works with any radio. You can communicate with someone having GMRS/FRS radio regardless of the brand.
All you need to do is be on the same privacy codes and channels. Another feature that will make you love Motorola T260TP, even more, is a dual power supply. Yes, this walkie talkie works with either rechargeable or standard batteries. It is used NiMH rechargeable batteries, which last up to 10 hours.
You can also power it with 3 AA batteries that go for up to 29 hours. NiMH rechargeable batteries are included. Ideally, this radio allows you to initiate weather alerts to know the weather in advance and plan accordingly. You can also turn on 1 of the 11 weather channels to stay up to date with real-time weather conditions.
- Easy and safe to use
- The battery life is impressive
- The voice is extremely clear as long as you are within ¼ mile or so
- Batteries seem to take longer than usual to charge
06. Topsung Two Way Radios for Adults (Orange 2 in 1)
Topsung 2-way Radios are equipped with a smart system that enhances their performance as well as making them easy to use. The smart system includes auto power saving, auto squelch system, low battery alert, auto scan function, and auto memory function. What’s more, these 2-way radios have a total of 2662 combinations (121 privacy codes and 22 main channels).
These numerous combinations help to communicate via these radios a breeze. The range of this walkie-talkie system is worth mentioning as well because it is decent. It is a 1/4/16 mile long-range that varies depending on the terrain. Furthermore, these 2-way radios are powered by 3 AA batteries (not included).
On standby, batteries last up to 3 – 4 days. The friendly design sees these radios weigh just 2.9 ounces. They are very lightweight, and, therefore, can easily be carried and used anywhere.
- Very easy to operate
- Sound quality is good for the money
- Makes a nice gift for kids
- Very sturdy and well made
- Battery life is superb
- The print in the instructions is very tiny; making everything hard to read
07. Rivins 4 Pack Walkie Talkies 2-Way Radios RV-7
You will enjoy an extensive frequency usage of up to 2178 combinations when you have Rivins RV-These radios feature 22 GMRS/FRS channels and 99 privacy codes. That being said, communicating via these walkie talkies is a walk in the park. Furthermore, you do not need a license to use and communicate with these walkie talkies in the US.
Walkie talkies also have a long range of up to 5 miles in open fields. And, in obstructed conditions or built-up areas, these radios have a range of around 0.6 – 1.2 miles. They are ideal for different kinds of outdoor activities, road trips, camping, and hiking.
Kids can also use them to stay in touch with their parents or to talk with their friends. Besides, these 2-way radios have a highly functional LCD display that shows the volume level, channel number, battery status, signal status, and sub-tones, among others.
- The range seems to be as advertised
- Easy to customize and program
- Instructions are easy to understand
- Available in many different colors
- The price is very affordable
- The hand straps are not the best
08. Ansoko Pack of 4 Long Range Walkie Talkies
Ansoko Walkie Talkies come with a service card, two user manuals, four antennas, 4 earpieces, 4 battery packs, four belt clips & hand straps, and four charging bases. In short, these walkie talkies come with everything you need to have a good time. They are perfect for both indoor and outdoor group communication.
So, whether you are going on a camping trip, road trip, hunting, or hiking, these walkie talkies should be a frontier for you. They are also ideal for around house communication, security team, and warehouse, among others. Their range can exceed 4 miles, depending on different conditions such as terrains, obstructions along the way, weather conditions, etc.
Moreover, the battery life of these walkie talkies is outstanding. On standby, the battery lasts for 5 – 7 days. And when the walkie talkies are subjected to typical use, the battery lasts for 1 – 2 days. And, under continuous use, the battery lasts for 8 – 12 hours.
- Walkie talkies are really portable
- They come with lots of accessories
- Batteries are removable
- Walkie talkies are intuitive to use
- Earpieces leave a lot to be desired
09. Greaval walkie talkies 10 Pack Two-Way Radios with Earpiece
The frequency range of Greaval Walkie Talkies is 400 – 470MHZ. They are high-performance devices with an extra feature in a built-in LED flashlight. This means you will not just find them handy for communicating but also you can use them at night to find your way back home or to the camp.
These walkie talkies also have a top-notch1500mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery that makes them super reliable. When fully charged, the battery lasts for 7 – 12 hours, assuming walkie talkies are used continuously. And, under typical use, the battery lasts for 1 – 2 days, whereas, on standby, it lasts for 5 – 7 days.
These walkie talkies are perfect for supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, factories, warehouses, construction sites, and safety teams. They feature a splash-proof housing that helps extend their lifespan. They are also compact enough to easily carry and use anywhere.
- Customer service is exceptional
- Clarity and range are fantastic
- Work well both inside and outside buildings
- Walkie talkies come pre-charged
- They come with an earpiece and a small lanyard
- A lot smaller than expected, but this is to help with portability
10. Arcshell 2 Pack Long Range Two-Way Radios with Earpiece (Black & Red)
Arcshell 2-Way Radios have 16 pre-programmed channels. This number may be smaller than the number of channels in other 2-way radios. However, it should not be a big concern because these radios still perform as expected. They have a decent frequency range of UHF 400 – 470 MHZ. They also come equipped with a 1500mAh Li-ion battery.
The battery is rechargeable and lasts up to 8 – 96 hours on a full charge. Moreover, these walkie talkies have a nice range of up to 5 miles, although, this is dependent on the terrain. Having said that, expect them to be clear in a less congested area or a place where there is no obstruction.
The walkie talkies are great for events communications, school, road trips, hunting, family camping, on a cruise ship, and in mountains. They are designed to work in any part of the world.
- Radios seem to work nicely even through brick walls
- Lightweight; hence, easy to carry around
- Durable enough to stand the test of time
- When the talk button is hit, there is a lag before you could speak
Buying Guide: The Best Walkie Talkie for Mountains
Consider the following factors to get a top-notch walkie talkie radio.
A good walkie talkie should have a range of at least 4 miles. Ideally, the walkie talkie should be effective enough to let you hear the person on the other end even when there is a brick wall separating the two of you. It should also be able to work even in a congested area or a place full of trees.
For a walkie talkie to be reliable, it must have outstanding battery life. This applies to all battery types – both rechargeable and non-rechargeable. Good battery life should last for around 7 – 12 hours under continuous use and at least a day under typical use. And if the battery is rechargeable, it should be able to fully charge quick enough so you are not inconvenienced.
The more channels your 2-way radio has, the easier it is to use it for communication. With that said, try the best you can to pick 2-way radios with at least 16 channels. Also, check the privacy codes because the higher the privacy codes, the more the combinations. And when you have several combinations, you will be able to communicate safely and effectively via your walkie talkie.
The latest walkie talkies for mountains are designed with extra features such as SOS signals, LED flashlights, and weather alerts. They are also more compact, more lightweight, and more durable. Fortunately, these latest walkie talkies are all here. And, with that said, we hope you have spotted one already.