The best vehicle backup camera makes squeezing your vehicle even in the tiniest parking spot a breeze. It eliminates blind spots and provides you with images in places you cannot otherwise see clearly. Moreover, this vehicle backup camera is waterproof, and, therefore, will keep working even in bad, rainy weather or foggy conditions.
The camera is also easy to install and may come complete with a monitor so you can begin using it immediately you receive it from the seller. It is an essential vehicle accessory, and that’s why we are happy to bring you the following reviews.
- List of The Best Vehicle Backup Camera in 2020 on Amazon.com
- 01. eRapta 2nd Generation Car Rear View Backup Camera (ERT01)
- 02. LeeKooLuu 2020 HD Backup Camera and Monitor Kit
- 03. Yakry Backup Camera HD & Monitor Kit
- 04. AMTIFO A2 HD 720 Backup Camera
- 05. DoHonest HD Digital Wireless Backup Camera System
- 06. eRapta ERT01 Backup Camera with 4.3 inch Monitor
- 07. SUNNEST Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera
- 08. Atokit License Plate Frame Waterproof Backup Camera
- 09. VECLESUS Car Backup Camera Kit (VM1)
- 10. YEDDY 7” LCD Backup Camera System Kit
- Buying Guide: The Best Vehicle Backup Camera
List of The Best Vehicle Backup Camera in 2020 on Amazon.com
01. eRapta 2nd Generation Car Rear View Backup Camera (ERT01)
eRapta ERT01 has a view angle design of 149 degrees. This is wide enough to let you park with ease. It also has an adjustable lens that further makes it convenient to use. Plus eRapta ERT01 has an innovative design that makes it suitable for Sedans, trailers, tractors, minivans, SUVs, trucks, pickups, and cars.
You can use it as a reversing camera, parking camera, or rearview camera. Auto-lighting LEDs make driving much safer, and this is another reason why you should go for eRapta ERT01.
Moreover, this backup camera has a decent waterproof rating of IPIt features a waterproof rubber ring, and this will give you peace of mind knowing that it will not be damaged even when driving in the rain. The voltage range is from 12 – 24V DC, and this is just fine.
- Easy to install and gives good image quality
- Makes parking much easier than expected
- Customer service is outstanding
- The field of view is fairly wide
- Great value for the money
- Shutting the lights off on the camera is impossible if it is on constant power
02. LeeKooLuu 2020 HD Backup Camera and Monitor Kit
LeeKooLuu Backup Camera & Monitor Kit is plug-and-play. It is extremely easy to install; meaning you will have it ready for use in no time. You can connect it to reverse lights so that it becomes active when your vehicle is in reverse gear.
You can also connect it directly to a 12-volt source fuse box or a power point/cigarette lighter/ignition switch for endless use. The backup camera & monitor kit has a waterproof rating of IP69. This means water can get inside but will not damage the camera. It also boasts a 149-degree viewing angle to make sure you see everything clearly.
Additionally, this backup camera features 6 white LED lights that offer incredibly clear color whether it is daytime or nighttime. The camera is designed to be connected to the monitor with the provided wire.
- The wiring is relatively easy to hide
- Can be connected in many different ways
- Picture quality is really good
- It is worth every penny
- The seller is very helpful and responsive
- The camera is a bit hard to tilt, but you can sort out this issue by removing or loosening the 4 tiny screws, which hold the camera to the license plate mount
03. Yakry Backup Camera HD & Monitor Kit
With Yakry Backup Camera HD & Monitor Kit, you only need to carry out the connection to reverse lights so the system is activated every time you reverse. You can also connect the system directly to a 12-volt source fuse box or powerpoint/cigarette lighter for constant use. It has a 4.3” LCD monitor display that comes with a mounting system for easy mounting on the dash.
Ideally, you can contact the manufacturer if you need a magnetic bracket. The camera has a decent waterproof rating of IP69K. Well, this high waterproof rating helps improve durability as well as giving you peace of mind every time you drive through water.
Moreover, the camera has a nice viewing angle of 149 degrees as well as 6 LED lights to ensure exceptional performance. A wire is provided for connecting the camera to the monitor.
- Directions are fairly easy to understand and follow
- The provided wire is long enough to work in trucks
- The picture quality is pretty good
- Arrives packaged neatly, and it is shipped quickly
- The mounting bracket could be stronger
04. AMTIFO A2 HD 720 Backup Camera
All you need to do when you have AMTIFO A2 is to connect the display to the power supply in the cigarette lighter. You can wire the backup camera to the reverse light or ignition. It is insanely easy to install and you will be done in no time. The camera features a waterproof rating of IP69, and this helps extend its lifespan.
It also has guidelines that you can easily turn on and off via the buttons on the monitor. Besides, the camera is a multi-function device in the sense that it lets you switch to the rear or front view. The HD resolution of 720P means you should expect clear picture quality even at night.
The 150-degree viewing angle will provide you with a larger viewing area, thereby, improving safety. Whether you have a truck, van, SUV, or car, AMTIFO A2 is a nice backup camera you should try to invest in.
- The price is inexpensive
- Works great at night
- The display is wonderful
- Holds up beautifully and serves its purpose
- Some of the wires provided are thinner than normal
05. DoHonest HD Digital Wireless Backup Camera System
The immediate benefit you will enjoy from the DoHonest HD Backup Camera System is easy parking. You will be able to park effortlessly even in the tiniest parking spots. What’s more, this backup camera system is wireless; hence, it is perfect for those that hate wiring.
A transmitter is built into the camera and all you need to do is connect it to the rearview monitor. What’s even better, this wireless backup camera system will not cause any interference with other wireless devices. It works nicely up to 600 feet in open areas. This well-thought-out system is also professional-looking and waterproof.
Plus it can be used in many different vehicles, including trucks, cars, vans, and even RVs. It has an intelligent switch equipped with 5 functions to help make it easy to use. Additionally, this camera backup system comes with a 2-year warranty to ensure a hassle-free purchase.
- Comes with an adjustable suction-cup mount
- Night vision capability is good
- It has lots of customizable options so you can install it just the way you prefer
- Slow to activate – takes roughly 3 – 4 seconds to wake up and provide an image
06. eRapta ERT01 Backup Camera with 4.3 inch Monitor
eRapta Backup Camera comes with a 4.3” monitor to give you a sterling performance. The backup camera is designed for nearly all kinds of vehicles, including Sedans, Minivans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, and cars. It has 6 glass lenses and a 100-percent updated chip. It also boasts 100-percent true color reproduction.
Well, all these three combine to enable the camera to produce a clear image even at night. The ability of this camera to produce stunning images is further improved by 8 LED lights. Needless to say, this is a wonderful backup camera both for driving and reversing. Installing the camera is very easy as all you need to do is connect it to the reversing light.
After that, connect the monitor to the car charger and then connect the monitor and camera using a 26ft RCA cable. The camera has a waterproof rating of IP69 and a viewing angle of 149 degrees.
- It gives quality images
- The price is cheap
- The camera is adjustable to ensure ultimate convenience
- No drilling is needed during installation
- The RCA cable is not included
07. SUNNEST Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera
The waterproof level of the SUNNEST Reversing Backup Camera is IP67. This means the camera will still work even during rainy days. Additionally, the IP67 waterproof design enables this camera to withstand extreme outdoor conditions. It is a well-made camera that you will be able to use throughout the year.
It has a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees; meaning blind spots will be the least of your concern when you have this backup camera. Needless to say, this rear view backup camera makes driving and reversing much safer. The lens of the camera can be rotated 45 degrees to give you a great visual angle.
Furthermore, this reversing backup camera has 8 LED lights that enable it to provide clear images at night or in poorly-lit places. The backup camera comes with a 1-year warranty so you can buy with confidence.
- The 170-degree angle is excellent
- Delivers great picture quality
- The backup camera easy to adjust
- Installing the camera is a breeze
- It is shipped quickly
- The cables are a bit short, but this can quickly be fixed by an extender
08. Atokit License Plate Frame Waterproof Backup Camera
Atokit Backup Camera is ideal for all vehicles with standard US license plates. They improve security and ensure safe driving and reversing. What’s more, this backup camera has a stylish look that makes it blend beautifully with the finish and look of your vehicle. It is also waterproof with a high rating of IP67.
For this reason, this backup camera will keep working in fogged or wet weather. The waterproofing function couples up with a professional shockproof design to further extend the lifespan of the backup camera. In a nutshell, this is a premium backup camera that can be used all-year-round.
A wide viewing angle of 170 degrees is another cool feature that makes this backup camera one of the best. The angle gives you a wide viewing horizon, thereby, totally eliminating blind spots. In addition, this backup camera has a high-sensitive color CMOS image sensor.
- The build quality is top-notch
- Guide lines are clear
- Comes with extension wires to connect with a monitor
- Images are clear both during the day and at night
- The included cable could be better quality
09. VECLESUS Car Backup Camera Kit (VM1)
VECLESUS Backup Camera Kit is designed for both new and old vehicles. It works great with many different vehicles, including Sedans, Minivans, SUVs, trucks, cars, and pickups. What’s more, this backup camera is very easy to install. Simply connect it to the monitor with a single video wire and you are good to go.
There is no drilling required. A couple of free mounting brackets are included to further make installation a cakewalk. Additionally, the monitor can be mounted on the windshield or dash. It is small in size; hence, it will not block your vision while driving.
The wired design ensures images are displayed neatly without any issues. In other words, this backup camera kit is more stable and much safer than its wired counterparts. It is a product of a manufacturer with more than 20 years of experience. Having said that, expect nothing but an unrivaled performance from the camera.
- The camera has a clean look
- Does not block the cigarette lighter socket
- No extra wires on the dashboard
- The rear camera picture does not have enough contrast against the background
10. YEDDY 7” LCD Backup Camera System Kit
YEDDY Backup Camera Kit has a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees. The wide viewing angle pairs with 6 layered all-glass lenses to provide you with a clear view and eliminate blind spots. You will always be aware of your surroundings when you have this backup camera kit.
The kit includes an incredibly large 7-inch monitor that, in turn, boasts an unmatched 800*480 high-definition resolution. The HD resolution provides sharp and crystal clear images from the backup camera view. Besides, the monitor has two video inputs, and it turns on automatically and switches to AV2 rear view picture when the vehicle is in the reverse gear.
Two different monitor mounts allow you to install the monitor standing on the dashboard or hanging overhead. Plus there are 18 IR lights that offer wonderful night vision performance. This kit also boasts a decent waterproof rating of IP68.
- Picture quality is awesome
- The night vision is as described
- Outstanding value for the price
- Both the camera and monitor are sturdy
- Customer support is helpful and quick to respond
- Instructions leave a lot to be desired
Buying Guide: The Best Vehicle Backup Camera
If you are still having problems choosing a suitable backup camera for your vehicle, the following factors should be a frontier for you.
Installing a vehicle backup camera can be a bit tricky. You, therefore, need to make sure the device you are buying is extremely quick and easy to install. You should make sure it comes with all the necessary installation accessories. And, if these are not included, they should be easy to get from a nearby store.
Viewing Angle & Resolution
The car backup camera you are going for should have a wide viewing angle to eliminate blind spots. That being said, you should pick a camera with at least a 149-degree viewing angle. The camera should also have a decent resolution. If possible, you should spend money on cameras with HD resolution. They provide crystal clear and sharp images.
You definitely want a reliable backup camera. And one of the factors that improve reliability is waterproofing. That is to say, a waterproof backup camera will work in all kinds of conditions, including in wet weather. Well, a good waterproof rating is at least IP67. Such a unit will keep working even when water gets inside.
A good number of drivers think they do not need a vehicle backup camera. But these little guys are a necessity. With them, you will be able to park properly and quickly without damaging your vehicle or property. Furthermore, the best models have advanced features, like guide lines, to help you drive safely.