To experience high-quality music in your car, investing in car subwoofers may be a wise decision. These items are designed to handle bass frequencies and provide clearer music. The right subwoofer provides clean, distortion-free bass notes that will amplify up your music and offer the smooth beats for your enjoyment. You may have noticed that many car audio systems today consist of two subwoofers or a pair. Having a pair of subs means you will be creating twice as much bass waves. Do you want to optimize your car’s audio system? Consider looking into the car subwoofers that are available in the market today.
- Table of the Best Subwoofer Under 500:
- 01. Dual Electronics BP1204
- 02. MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D
- 03. Rockville RWS12CA Slim
- 04. Pioneer TS-WX1210A
- 05. Kicker 44DCWC122
- 06. Kenwood KSC-SW11
- 07. Rockford Fosgate P300-12
- 08. Pyramid BNPS102
- 09. Rockville RW10CA
- 10. MTX TNE212D
- How to Choose the Right Car Subwoofer
Table of the Best Subwoofer Under 500:
01. Dual Electronics BP1204
Featuring a computer-aided specialized port and 2.5″ voice coils, this subwoofer has an increased output capability to provide you with high-quality bass. This subwoofer has been digitally optimized for accurate and clean bass. It can handle 1100 Watts of Peak Power, a 30Hz – 200Hz frequency Range and 600 Watts RMS at a 4 Ohm impedance. Its illumiNITE design creates a fantastic viewing experience while the Ventilated Control Circuitry System guarantees studio quality performance. A top grade in-line carpet ensures streamlined sound quality through both 12-inch subwoofers for excellent music on the road. It has a 30” W X 14.4” D X 14.4” H dimension.
02. MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D
If you are looking to add bass to your car’s audio system, then this subwoofer is an ideal solution. The MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D houses 2 12″ Terminator subwoofers, and they may come with a vented enclosure. It features a 5/8″ MDF rugged Construction as well as an aviation grade black carpet. This sub can handle up to 1,200 watts.
03. Rockville RWS12CA Slim
The Rockville RWS12CA Slim features a peak power output of 1200 Watts, 400 Watts RMS and 12“ Super Slim Subwoofer. It also features a High-Density Foam Surround which is laminated, a high power magnet with a High BL Motor Structure and a 2”High-Temperature Voice Coil. It also comes with a slim MDF enclosure design, an aviation grade black carpet with an embroidered logo and black textured leather front panel. It has a frequency response of 38Hz-500Hz and an impedance of 4-ohms. Its dimensions are 24″ Length, 15″ Height, 6.65″ Bottom depth and 4.37″ Top Depth. The best thing about this sub is that it comes with a wiring installation kit.
04. Pioneer TS-WX1210A
The Pioneer TS-WX1210A comes as a single 12″ sealed subwoofer and a built-in Class D Amplifier. It has been designed to handle a peak power of 1300W and a 350W RMS. Other features of the sub are a cellulose fiber cone, a Sensitivity of 114dB, a frequency response of 20 – 125 and Urethane surround. The built-in amplifier features a 0-12dB Bass Boost, Cross Overs, and a remote knob. The enclosure features a carpeted finish.
05. Kicker 44DCWC122
If your trunk space is limited, then this sub is excellent for you due to its compact nature. It comes as a dual 12″ with a vented subwoofer enclosure. It can handle a maximum power of 1200 watts, an RMS power of 600 watts and an impedance of 2 ohms.
06. Kenwood KSC-SW11
The Kenwood KSC-SW11 comes with an 8-1/4″ x 5-1/8″ Sub and an aluminum enclosure. This subwoofer is compact powered and comes with a wired remote for controlling the volume level and variable low-pass crossover(50-12). It also comes with a subbuilt-in amplifier of 75 watts and an RMS power of up to 150 watts max. The Kenwood KSC-SW11 comes with a 11 x 7.5 x 2.8 inches dimension.
07. Rockford Fosgate P300-12
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is a 12-inch sub featuring a 5/8-Inch MDF construction and 12 AWG input terminals. It comes with Class D amplifier with 300 watts RMS and a Frequency Response of 35Hz – 150Hz. The enclosure is tightly sealed for accurate bass, and its dimensions are 11 x 19.8 x 15 inches.
08. Pyramid BNPS102
This is a 10″ 1000W dual subwoofer which comes with a box, a 1100W Mono Amp, and an amp kit. It has 4 tuned ports, silver polypropylene cone, and built-in neon accent lighting. If you’re looking to add more bass to your car’s audio and at the same add a stylish sub, Pyramid BNPS102 may be an excellent choice. This subwoofer is one of the strongest audio enhancement devices that you can add to your car’s sound system.
09. Rockville RW10CA
This is a 10″ Slim Car Subwoofer with an 800 Watt Peak and 200 Watts RMS. It features a low-level RCA input and high-level Inputs with an auto turn-on tech. Other features of this sub are: a thermal protection circuit, adjustable input sensitivity, a short protection circuit and overload protection circuit. The Rockville RW10CA also comes with a phase switch (0° or 180°), a low pass filter ranging from 50Hz – 150Hz and a bass boost of 0 – 18dB @ 45Hz. It comes with an RMS of 200 watts max, a 2 Ohm impedance, a frequency response ranging from 20Hz – 150Hz and a sensitivity of 90dB (1w / 1m). Its dimensions are 12.4″ x 13.4″ x 2.7″.
10. MTX TNE212D
This is a 12″ 1200W car subwoofer and comes dual loaded. It features a 400 Watt RMS and comes with a Planet audio AC1500.1M 1500 Watt MONO Amplifier. The best thing about this sub is that it comes with a complete amplifier installation kit. The MTX TNE212D dimensions are 32 x 16 x 16 inches and it comes enclosed in a box.
How to Choose the Right Car Subwoofer
Evaluate the space available in your car because there are subwoofers which are large in nature. Determining exactly how much space you have will help you choose a system that fits well into that space.
- The next factor that should be considered when selecting a car subwoofer is the enclosure. While this may not seem significant, it’s essential because the enclosure plays a vital role in the sound emitted from the system. In most cases, an enclosure is already attached to the car subs on the market. However, this may not always be the case. There are car subwoofer packages that don’t include an enclosure. This may give you the flexibility to choose your desired enclosure.
- Another thing you should consider is the type of crossovers included in the audio system. These assist in filtering or cleaning the noises that are considered to be on a high frequency. If you want the best sounding system, you should ensure that you purchase a sub with high-quality crossovers.
- The other aspect that needs consideration is determining how much power your current audio system has and choosing a car subwoofer package that can match that amount of power. In many vehicles, you may be needed to install an amplifier. Determine if this is necessary for your car if you want to improve the sound emitted from your audio system.
- Go for a subwoofer with a long-lasting cone. This is vital because the cone guards the subwoofer form tear and wear from heavy bass. Get a subwoofer with Kevlar, aluminum, carbon fiber and polypropylene cones. If you want quality, purchase a reputable brand of subwoofers. There are some cheaper brands which may claim to the same power output, but their quality usually is not as good and may damage easily from heavy use.
If you are a music enthusiast who loves their music with all the sound bites, frequencies, and nuances, have a subwoofer installed in your car. It will enable your car music system to reach its full potential and give you a thrilling music experience. Go ahead and buy the right subwoofers that will allow you to experience smooth and uninterrupted music.