The best Sony sound bar produces high-quality sound to make your entertainment moments more exciting. This sound bar is designed to upgrade the audio system of your modern slim TV. While slim TVs take less space and look sleek, they normally do not have proper built-in speakers.
So, if you are tired of putting up with poor quality sound from your TV, the Sony soundbar is what you should turn to. We have compiled a number of them in the reviews below to help you make an informed decision when buying one.
- List Best Sony Sound Bar in 2021
- 01. Sony Powerful Mini Soundbar (HT-MT300/B)
- 02. Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer
- 03. Sony 2.1ch S200F Soundbar with built-in Subwoofer (HT200F)
- 04. Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar Home Speaker
- 05. Sony Sound Bar HT-Z9F with Rear Speakers – Wall Mountable
- 06. Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar with Bass Reflex Speaker (HTS100F)
- 07. Sony Sound Bar HTST7 HD with Wireless Subwoofer
- 08. Sony Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (HT-S350)
- 09. Sony HTST5 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
- 10. Sony 3.1CH Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar (HT-G700)
- Buying Guide – Best Sony Sound Bar
List Best Sony Sound Bar in 2021
01. Sony Powerful Mini Soundbar (HT-MT300/B)
Sony HT-MT300/B is compact and stylish. It can, therefore, fit in many different places, including under a sofa. It is designed to be a bold addition to your home; thanks to the neutral earth tones and soft angles. Sony HT-MT300/B also features digital, optical, and analog audio inputs that provide you with a neat connection. It also works nicely with NFC-enabled tablets and smartphones.
All you need to do is touch your tablet or smartphone and it will pair via Bluetooth instantly, thereby, allowing you to directly stream your favorite tunes.
The sound bar is also equipped with S-Force PRO Front Surround technology. This well-thought-out technology delivers a virtual surround acoustic field from just 2 front speakers. The voice enhancement feature makes the sound bar ideal for TV content with hushed dialogue.
- The night mode is a perfect addition
- Excellent for a starter home entertainment setup
- Maintains the volume level even when switched off and then on
- The sound is clear
- Would be better if the sound bar had an indicator for volume
02. Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar with Subwoofer
Sony HTCT100 is for people looking for unparalleled simplicity without compromised performance. It pairs a subwoofer and center speaker to create a stunning surround experience. It is also packed with lots of advanced features like the HDMI Active Intelligence that allows it to detect and then receive audio and video signals from all connected devices.
This makes performance and connection extremely easy. Other crucial features of this sound bar are Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology and digital Sony S-Master amplifier.
These features enable the sound bar to reproduce a realistic immersive audio from just a couple of front speakers. The main speaker measures 31.5 by 2.7 by 2.6 inches and the subwoofer measures 6.3 by 19.7 by 14.2 inches.
- Sound quality is amazing for the price
- Installation is a cakewalk
- Bass is not overpowering
- Small size; hence, it saves space
- Comes with an HDMI cable
- The volume is not as high as anticipated
03. Sony 2.1ch S200F Soundbar with built-in Subwoofer (HT200F)
Sony HT200F is wall mountable so you can seamlessly integrate it with your other home entertainment systems. It also has a low-profile design, which ensures it does not obstruct the view from the television. And, as expected, Sony HT200F also comes equipped with Bluetooth technology to let you stream music wirelessly.
Plus this sound bar allows you to play back your favorite albums via USB. Moreover, it features the manufacturer’s virtual surround sound technology that puts you at the heart of every entertainment. You will be immersed in a cinema-style experience and we believe you will enjoy every bit of it.
The built-in subwoofer reproduces deep bass that you will immediately appreciate. What’s more, Sony HT200F comes with a lot of accessories, including a foot pad, AC cord, AC adapter, optical cable, remote control, and batteries for RC.
- Small size allows you to set it up anywhere
- Sound is fine for the price
- Bluetooth connection works as promised
- The dialogue is clear
- Seems to make TV turn on automatically when connected via HDMI ARC
04. Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar Home Speaker
The quality of all your movie soundtracks will be dramatically improved when you have Sony HT-CTIt has a powerful 2.1 channel sound bar that delivers a balanced audio response regardless of the frequency. Sony HT-CT80 also comes with a subwoofer that adds more oomph to your bass to make every action sound better than ever before.
This soundbar home speaker also boasts virtual surround sound that makes it perfect for not just watching movies but also enjoying TV shows and sports. Virtual surround sound creates a realistic 3-D sound field using the left and right speaker channels only.
Also, with Sony HT-CT80, you will enjoy premium digital audio. It has the S-Master digital amplifier that reproduces digital audio signals without the numerous analogue stages that conventional amplifiers require.
- Subwoofer has deep clean lows
- Power is suitable for a medium-sized room
- It is worth the price
- The return policy is easy
- The surround sound is outstanding
- Soundbar has 2 inputs only
05. Sony Sound Bar HT-Z9F with Rear Speakers – Wall Mountable
Sony Sound Bar HT-Z9F has 7 sound modes to provide you with enhanced gaming, sport, movies, news, and music. The speaker is also 4K HDR compatible for maximum convenience. Plus it has built-in Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth technology for wireless streaming.
You can ask Alexa to stream online radio and music directly from Amazon. A wireless subwoofer comes with this sound bar to provide you with much-needed bass. What’s more, Sony HT-Z9F is wall mountable. This means you will easily achieve a seamless setup and integration with other home entertainment systems.
A wall mount template and a wall hanging bracket with 2 screws are provided to make the sound bar easy to set up. Other accessories included in the package are an HDMI cable, RMT-AH400U remote, and batteries for the remote.
- Reproduces the surround sound nicely
- Stylish and sleek design blends with any home décor
- Rear speakers are compact
- Setting the system is extremely simple
- No controls for adjusting treble/bass or EQ
06. Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar with Bass Reflex Speaker (HTS100F)
The built-in tweeter enables Sony HTS100F to produce balanced and clear sound. This soundbar also features a Bluetooth connection that is simple and helps make it easy to use. What’s more, it comes equipped with a bass reflex speaker that produces deep sound.
The design is slim and will blend seamlessly into any room. That being said, the slim design makes the soundbar a perfect addition to small living spaces. Despite the slim design, Sony HTS100F outputs high power to make sure you are 100-percent happy with its performance.
The voice enhancement feature makes the soundbar suitable for TV content with hushed dialogue. The HDMI ARC ensures that you have an easy time setting up the soundbar with your TV.
- Great for upgrading TV speakers
- Sound is loud and crisp
- Easy to set up
- Perfect for bedroom TV
- Connects wonderfully to the TV via HDMI ARC
- The bass is minimal
07. Sony Sound Bar HTST7 HD with Wireless Subwoofer
Sony HTST7 HD is engineered with the help of award-winning and highly respected Hollywood sound engineers. It is a 450W system that delivers Dolby TrueHD sound. It has 9 speakers and 7 amplifiers in a single simple bar design.
Better yet, Sony HTST7 HD boasts plug-and-play simplicity despite being loaded with numerous advanced features. It has 3 HDMI inputs that make it extremely easy to set up.
It also has Bluetooth technology that allows quick streaming from your IOS or Android mobile device. Other inputs are optical (2), coaxial (1), and analog (1). The sound bar is wall mountable to save space as well as to give a clean appearance in the living room. Furthermore, it is perfect for 46” and larger TVs.
- The bass booms nicely
- Everything works right out of the box
- Build quality is excellent
- The sound quality is amazing
- The controls are simple
- The remote it comes with is hard to use in the dark
08. Sony Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (HT-S350)
Sony HT-S350 will give you the ultimate home theater upgrade. It is a complete 2.1 channel sound bar system that comes with a wireless subwoofer so you can enjoy optimized audio all the time. It boasts 320 watts of total power that enables it to deliver unbelievable clarity and volume, thereby, bringing content to life.
The sub is powerful and boasts 6.16-gallon volume for richer and deeper bass sound. Sony HT-S350 also features S-Force Pro. This Virtual Surround Sound technology mimics a surround sound experience in theaters.
Moreover, this soundbar system has up to seven sound modes. With them, you will be able to choose from Sports, Auto Sound, Cinema, News, Game, Music, and Standard Audio Mode. Optical cable, manual, quick setup guide, batteries, and remote control are all included.
- The system does not experience sound delays
- Voices are clear and nice
- The price is quite competitive
- Extremely simple to set up and use
- Low volume needs improvement
09. Sony HTST5 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
Simple connectivity and cinematic sound are only delivered by a high-performance sound bar like Sony HTSTIt is a 380W system that boasts 9 speakers and digital and discrete amplifiers. All these combine to enable it to deliver immersive 7.1 channel surround sound.
Two ¾-inch tweeters and seven 2.4-inch mid-range speakers combine to deliver rich and balanced sound. The system also comes with a 7-inch wireless subwoofer that reproduces booming bass lines to give body to your sound.
The S-Force Front Surround sound technology creates a natural and realistic 3-D sound stage by mimicking the way the brain correlates sound. Sony HTST5 also has several HDMI ports that connect a game console, Blu-Ray Disc player, Internet TV box, and more.
- Can be set up in many different ways
- The sound fills up the room wonderfully
- The sub is wireless for maximum convenience
- Takes up very little space
- The construction is very sturdy
- Surround sound is not so good
10. Sony 3.1CH Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar (HT-G700)
When you hit the immersive audio enhancer button of Sony HT-G700, every movie and TV show is given the surround sound treatment. This soundbar also features a dedicated center speaker, which ensures that voices are heard clearly. Plus it has several connections for maximum convenience.
You can use the Bluetooth connection to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a compatible TV. You can also use HDMI eARC or optical digital input to connect the soundbar to various devices. A wireless sub comes with this system.
It provides rich and powerful bass without cluttering your living space with a lot of wires. All you need to do is find a nice place to put it. Besides, Sony HT-G700 features a Cinema mode that gives you an opportunity to go deeper into movies.
- Installation is reasonably simple
- All the necessary cables are included
- The dialogue sound quality surprisingly good
- The sub reproduces solid bass
- Price is a bit high for what you get
Buying Guide – Best Sony Sound Bar
Sony is a reputable company but that does not mean you dive head first when it comes to getting one of their soundbars. The following factors provide a decent way to test the waters and see what is really suitable for your needs.
Different sound bars by Sony have different features. Such features as S-Force Pro technology, HDMI ARC, and sound modes should not miss from your sound bar. That is because these features work great in improving sound quality.
Installation and Setup
Installing and setting up your sound bar should not be a daunting task. All you need to do to make sure you have a fantastic time installing your sound bar is to choose a model that comes with a manual and assembly instructions. The model you are going for should also come with all the necessary hardware.
Size & Build Quality
A good number of sound bars by Sony are not very expensive. But this does not mean you go for something flimsy that will not stand the test of time. Also, you should have the size of the room in mind when buying a Sony sound bar. With that said, try to go for a compact unit if you plan to set up your sound bar in a small living space.
Sony sound bars come in different sizes and are equipped with different technologies. They are also available in wide price ranges. So, whether you are looking for something for parties or in search of an audio system that will upgrade the sound quality of your TV, Sony soundbars should be a frontier for you.