Just as the helmet protects your face and head, and a jacket protects your torso, having the right motorcycle gloves can be the deciding factor to whether you sustain permanent damage or no damage at all to your hands. In the instance of a fall, the hands are the first things you land on. There’s so much that goes into the final decision when you have to select the right gloves for you besides your personal style and how comfortable they are, and so it can be a daunting task. You will have to consider your riding style, the weather, whether it’s on or off-road, the type of motorcycle you have, how often you ride and your budget.This guide will help you better understand the technicality and importance of having the right gloved during your ride. It also covers a review of the top ten motorcycle riding gloves in 2019.
- Table of the Best Motorcycle Gloves:
- 10. FREETOO Tactical Gloves Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Gloves
- 09. FREETOO Tactical Gloves Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Gloves
- 08. ILM Alloy Steel Knuckle Motorcycle Motorbike Powersports Racing Tactical Paintball Gloves (L, BLACK)
- 07. TitanOPS Full Finger and Half Finger Hard Knuckle Motorcycle Military Tactical Combat Training Army Shooting Outdoor Gloves
- 06. Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-L Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves (Black, Large)
- 05. ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves For Men and Women (L, BLACK)
- 04. ZOOKKI Cycling Gloves Mountain Bike Gloves Road Racing Bicycle Gloves Light Silicone Gel Pad Riding Gloves Touch Recognition Full Finger Gloves Men/Women Work Gloves
- 03. Milwaukee Leather Men’s Premium Leather Perforated Cruiser Gloves MG7500 (L)
- 02. Tactical Fingerless/Half Finger Gloves Shooting Military Combat Gloves with Hard Knuckle Fit for Cycling Airsoft Paintball Motorcycle Hiking Camping By Accmor
- 01. REEBOW GEAR Tactical Hard Knuckle Gloves Full Finger Military Army Shooting Gloves
- Choosing the Right Gloves.The Fit.Finger feel:
Table of the Best Motorcycle Gloves:
10. FREETOO Tactical Gloves Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Gloves
This heavy-duty pair is meant to last the harshest weather conditions. They are made to fit snugly, but the material is breathable preventing sweaty hands. The wrist Velcro is adjustable and offers fantastic support to your wrists in case of a spring injury. The stitching is done to perfection without leaving random strings or chevrons. The grip material is dual synthetic leather palm with anti-skid gridding. The best part is you can use the gloves for other heavy outdoor activities, and they come with a three months warranty.
09. FREETOO Tactical Gloves Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Gloves
These heavy-duty pair has reinforced palm and knuckle padding ensuring it protects your hands from abrasion. So even if you work at a construction site, your hands are in safe gloves. They are also great for hunting, camping, climbing and even shooting. They have a three month guaranteed warranty, but with the double stitching in the fabric, you can rest assured they are not about to unravel in the middle of any substantial use.
08. ILM Alloy Steel Knuckle Motorcycle Motorbike Powersports Racing Tactical Paintball Gloves (L, BLACK)
These breathable summer riding gloves are what you need on you if you crash. They have a professional alloy steel protection parts made by injection molding that ensures maximum protection on impact. It also means the alloy will withstand scraping that would have otherwise impacted on our hand. The molding engineered to fit the human hand anatomy smugly and leave little room for wriggling. The back of the hand is also arch-shape designed with U type protection. Also, their non-slip lines are created using 3D classic plastic to enforce the anti-slip function.
07. TitanOPS Full Finger and Half Finger Hard Knuckle Motorcycle Military Tactical Combat Training Army Shooting Outdoor Gloves
These full finger gloves are designed to offer both protection and comfort. There’s extra stitching to prevent them from coming apart during impact. The incorporated materials are microfiber to improve breathability, leather, lycra, and nylon for reinforcement. Don’t worry if you get them dirty, they are botch machine safe, and the materials are quick dry, so they remain odor free and bacteria resistant. They are great for other outdoor activities such as tactical training, cycling, combat, and hiking because of their reinforced padded palms.
06. Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-L Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves (Black, Large)
If you ride in areas with extreme temperatures, these are the gloves for you. However, they are not thick and leave enough room for your hands to breath comfortably. The primary material is premium leather for those who like to add a little pizazz to their style. The Milwaukee summer gloves have a gel padding that provides enough cushioning in the instance of a crash.
05. ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves For Men and Women (L, BLACK)
Hard to believe that gloves would have an airflow system, but the ILM motorcycle gloves quality is unrivaled. This ensures that the leather reinforcement is not compromised by moisture build up while at the same time maintaining warmth in cold weather conditions. The gloves also feature an external protection shell for the palms, fingers, knuckles and the side of the hands, the complete 360-degree protection. For extra reinforcement, they have double leather layers with additional forms primarily on the palms and fingers to provide cushioning and avoid the hand from possible abrasion. The leather is goat leather which is very comfortable and to enhance this the stitching are made on the outside and pre-designed to shape the hand correctly.
04. ZOOKKI Cycling Gloves Mountain Bike Gloves Road Racing Bicycle Gloves Light Silicone Gel Pad Riding Gloves Touch Recognition Full Finger Gloves Men/Women Work Gloves
If you happen to have sweaty hands or are not sure if the gloves available online will fit, these Zooki gloves should be your go to. They have an elasticized fabric that provides compression and support. The primary material is microfiber leather and also mesh cloth lycra fabric which provides for sufficient aeration perfect for people with sweaty hands. They also are made with a unique thickening palm pad that gives adhesion in case of a fall. For extra buffer later, there’s infused d silica gel that not only provides cushioning but also prevents fatigue is you have been riding for a long time. The palm fabric is anti-skid, so you do not have to worry about slipping your hands from the handles.
03. Milwaukee Leather Men’s Premium Leather Perforated Cruiser Gloves MG7500 (L)
These Milwaukee padded gel palms gloves are designed to provide excellent comfort and are also a style statement for motorcycle enthusiasts. The primary material is primary leather but to avoid sweaty palms, and it is perforated to improve aeration. The knuckle gizmo is designed to sit over your knuckles, and while the inside provides soft knuckle padding, the outside is hard enough to prevent knuckle abrasion.
02. Tactical Fingerless/Half Finger Gloves Shooting Military Combat Gloves with Hard Knuckle Fit for Cycling Airsoft Paintball Motorcycle Hiking Camping By Accmor
For fingerless gloves enthusiasts, these military combat gloves are both tactical and comfortable. The knuckle rubber padding is not as tight as other gloves make it be. It is exceptionally soft you might even wonder if it provides adequate support which it sufficiently does. The anti-skid leather padded palms also hold on to most handle materials. They are comfortable for almost all outdoor activities including shooting, combat, hiking, hunting, assault and even paintball.
01. REEBOW GEAR Tactical Hard Knuckle Gloves Full Finger Military Army Shooting Gloves
The Reebow gear gloves are made from synthetic leather, Lycra, and polyester which provides reinforcement and also provides for a comfortable fit. They also have a Velcro wrist design which is adjustable and also gives them a considerable amount of flexibility when engaging in activities that require you to twist your wrists. The material is easy to wash and dries quickly without leaving odor or room for bacterial infestation.
Choosing the Right Gloves.The Fit.Finger feel:
Gloves should conform to the shape and size of our hand. Ill-fitting gloves are either too tight or loose, and they may affect split-second reflexes you may need to brake or swerve or accelerate.Palm: palm sliders made from a hardened material such as Kevlar are the best. Your palms are the first recipients of impact to receive maximum damage in the event of an impact.Wrists: go for the most comfortable but remember covered wrists are safer than exposed wrists.Knuckle and upper area: heavy protection, especially on the knuckles, should be a deciding factor. However, remember to keep your knuckle area flexible enough.
Traditionally motorcycle gloves were made from leather, in 2019 you have more synthetic and natural materials to choose from. Good gloves should be made from a material that offers you sufficient protection, and the trade-off shouldn’t be comfortability.If your rides are dangerous, go for gloves with titanium, rubber and other harder materials. While if your trips are smoother microfiber gloves are perfect for you.
The stitching and layering of material go a long way in determining how durable the gloves are. The engineering of stitches determines if your gloves will come apart upon impact of if they will protect your hand and maintain their integrity.Types of gloves.
- Fingerless gloves: best for people working with small tools but still want to protect their palms and knuckles.
- Gauntlet gloves: they have extra reinforcement on the knuckles and are the best for street rides.
- Off-road motorcycle gloves: these are heavy duty gloves. They’re usually waterproof and also dirt resistant.
- Winter motorcycle gloves: these are meant to keep our hands warm. The materials are usually good insulators.
- Summer cruising gloves: these are lighter and have a perforation or enough air vents to avoid sweating.
- Race gloves: these are designed to cushion impact while driving at high speeds. The padding on these is usually extraordinary.
- Touring gloves: they are meant for adventurous spirits and extreme climates, humidity, and impact.
In conclusion, gloves do more than protect your arms. They play a huge role in controlling your motorcycle, and if you want to remain safe on the road, you need to be able to flip switches and push buttons at the right time. Great gloves are also comfortable. They ensure your hands remain sweat-free, don’t slip on the controls or aren’t too frozen to tackle gears in time. Choosing the right gloves is hard. Hopefully, this guide illuminates your path as you strive to keep your hands and your overall safety first.