There is nothing better than spending quality time with the family members. There are various ways you can gather your family members and have a gala time. It can be a lunch, dinner, watching movies, or playing the amazing family board games. Family board games are always fun, and it keeps the kids as well as the adults engaged and entertained. There are so many different types of family board games available in the market that you will never get tired. The following is the list of the top 10 best family board games in 2019.
- Table of the Best Family Board Games:
- 01. Hasbro Risk Game
- 02. Mattel Apples to Apples ALL NEW CARDS
- 03. PlayMonster Yeti in My Spaghetti
- 04. Don’t Step In It
- 05. Winning Moves Games Monopoly Board Game
- 06. Five Nights at Freddys Game
- 07. Winning Moves Tile Lock Scrabble
- 08. Catan: Junior
- 09. Wood Folding Mancala
- 10. Fantasy Flight Games Talisman
- Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind:
- The Number of Players and Age Limit
- Variety Of The Game
- Length Of Playing Time
- Conclusion –
Table of the Best Family Board Games:
01. Hasbro Risk Game
This is a game board based family game, and it consists of infantry, cavalry, and artillery. Therefore, it is a perfect battle field, and it is played with the deck of risk cards. There are also 5 dice available along with 5 war crates and game guide. The game board has a map that has to be occupied by the playing members, and the game goes on until one team occupies the entire map. There are various ways this game can be played which makes it even more interesting.
02. Mattel Apples to Apples ALL NEW CARDS
Mattel is probably the most popular brand among kids. The Apples to Apples is a very funny game that the family members can enjoy with their kids. This game is so popular that the brand has sold millions of this game. All the instructions are available on the back side of the product. The game has various benefits, and it is basically a game of cards. It could be the best birthday present for the kids at your home. The game can be played anywhere even when you are travelling.
03. PlayMonster Yeti in My Spaghetti
This is a perfect family time silly, but fun game. If you have kids with four years above old, then this family board game blows your mind. This game consists of one small yeti model and thirty pieces of spaghetti sticks. The rule of the game is you have to play this game between two or more than two people. You have to remove the spaghetti stick one-by-one alternately. But you cannot drop the yeti in the bowl. Whoever drops the yeti, he/she is out of the game.
04. Don’t Step In It
The game set involves a very fun activity. You can play along with your friends and family or all by yourself. In this funny game, you have to cross a path full of artificial dog poop with your closed eyes. Who steps on the less poop, takes the crown. The game set includes a game mattress, four cans of plastic compound mold and a spinner board with arrow and base. You can get a manual book to make your gaming time more exciting and fun.
05. Winning Moves Games Monopoly Board Game
This classic game is a quality way to spend your family time. You need to form a monopoly in your game. You have to buy, trade or rent the most expensive properties in the world. You can take a ride on the reading rail, buy your neighborhood places or even you can build homes on Baltic Avenue in this game. You have to simply roll the dice to head up to your favorite game piece. By buying, renting or collecting chest the most, you can win the game. The game includes one game board, a banker’s tray, chance, and community chest cards and money pad, houses and hotels, and many more items. Above eight years child can play this game.
06. Five Nights at Freddys Game
The game is fun, but a little bit of scary. This family game is good for the teenage and adult people. The game gets its inspiration from an online game “five nights at Freddy’s”. More than two people can easily join this game. Firstly, you need to spin the wheel. After that, you need to take a pizza out with the tongs from the plate of the beer. But, never know, when the beer will wake up to scare you. Play the game carefully and have fun.
07. Winning Moves Tile Lock Scrabble
To spend a productive family time, then this scrabble word game will definitely match your mood. You can get a total number of 100 plastic Scrabble letter tiles. The scrabble board has a smart “tile-lock” design. With this design, you can play this game in running train or moving car too. Your whole family can join the game easily as they all know, how to play it. With this scrabble game, you can get one drawstring tile bag, four plastic tray racks, and instructions.
08. Catan: Junior
The adventurous sea game is perfect for the kids above six years old. You can complete each game within thirty minutes. It is better to play this game between two to four people. This is a two-sided board game. With this set, you can get a game board, one four building costs tiles, hundred and six pieces of resource tile, thirty-two ships, twenty-eight pirate liars, one ghost captain, one dice and one tray. You also get an easy instruction book for this game.
09. Wood Folding Mancala
This game is a perfect choice for your poker game loving family members. This is a set of two players. You can take this game almost everywhere. The set consists of two hundred of dual-colored poker chips. It has a robust aluminum case with the dealer chips. The wood board comes with the storage sleeve. The board opens up in 5-1/4″ x 17-3/4″ dimension. This game is very easy to play. The more you collect the stones from your rival team, more you near to win the match.
10. Fantasy Flight Games Talisman
If you are looking for a fantasy overloaded adventurous board game for your family, then is one is for you. You can play this game among your two to six members. This is a perfect gift for your child, whose age is above thirteen. This is the latest version of the board game. The board comes with a feature of new centerboard and post-apocalypse themed decks. It also has brand new characters and alternative game finishing to explore. Some of the new characters include a crown of command, a black knight and so on.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind:
First of all, you have to decide on the difficulty level of the family board games. If it is for adults and the kids are too small to play, then the difficulty level can be high. Otherwise, if the kids are involved in the game, then the game must be easy to learn and play. Moreover, while buying it, you should check that the user manual and game rules are available. Because there are many cheap board games available that do not care about giving the rules and just selling the product. In such a case, the product can become useless.
The Number of Players and Age Limit
– If you buy a family board game where only a few members can take part and the rest keep doing their own work, it is useless. Make sure that the game can accommodate most of the family members if not all. Similarly, most of the family board games mention an age limit so that you can understand the kids who can play them. According to the age group of the kids at your home, you can buy.
Variety Of The Game
– There is no point in buying a board game that is same all the time. It will become boring, and there will be no interest left. Therefore, buying such a family board game that can be played in multiple ways so that everyone eagerly takes part in it and have a jolly time together. The board games based on the cards are the favorite among adults as well as kids, and it is quite suspenseful.
Length Of Playing Time
– One of the major factors that the buyers do not consider while buying a family board game is how much time that each member has to spend to play the game. There are various games available that take an hour or more to play or finish. However, such a game is likely to become boring with time. Therefore, buy such a game that takes 15 to 30 minutes to play and finish with clear winners.
There are various benefits of playing family board games regularly or weekly. It gets the family together to spend some quality time with the kids. The kids also develop certain skills from the games. During special occasions, you can keep the kids engaged and prevent them from making a nuisance in the house. There are various types of family board games available, and we have listed the best and the most popular ones. Go through the description of the products for better understanding before buying.