A down comforter is a must-have in your bed, and it is affordable and versatile enough to use in all seasons. It provides nice warmth for the winter season, but it is also breathable for year-round use. There are different types and styles of down comforters available starting from goose down comforter to hypoallergenic ones. They also make your bed look classy and luxurious, and we have handpicked the value for money down comforters for you. Check out the top 10 best down comforters in 2019 below.
- Table of the Best Down Comforters:
- 01. LUXURIOUS GOOSE DOWN Comforter
- 02. SNOWMAN Goose Down Comforter
- 03. Utopia Bedding Gusseted Quilted Pillow
- 04. Topsleepy Goose Down and Feather Filling Twin
- 05. PUREDOWN Goose Down Comforter
- 06. California-King Size Down-Comforter
- 07. Royal Hotel Overfilled Comforter
- 08. Sanxiang Lightweight Goose Down Comforter
- 09. Basic Beyond All-Season Comforter
- 10. ROYALAY Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
- Fill Power
- Conclusion –
Table of the Best Down Comforters:
01. LUXURIOUS GOOSE DOWN Comforter
This is a twin down comforter and is the best-rated one currently. It is made up of Egyptian cotton cover, and it is perfectly suitable for people with allergic skin type. The warmth it produces is unmatched, and the design is superior. It holds down the goose in its place and producing maximum loft. Moreover, the construction eliminates all possible cold spots that are commonly noticed. The loops are also constructed ergonomically to keep the cover intact, and the double needle stitch prevents any leakage.
02. SNOWMAN Goose Down Comforter
The comforter is made up of 100% cotton, and there are various color options available to choose from. It is a very warm and breathable comforter, and you can enjoy its warmth throughout the year. The outer shell is soft, and it is resistant to mites. Moreover, the material is hypo-allergenic and therefore, it is suitable for all skin types. The construction is ergonomic to hold the goose in place and providing the maximum loft and warmth. There are various sizes also available to choose from.
03. Utopia Bedding Gusseted Quilted Pillow
If you are looking for something which will give you comfort as well as luxury then this set of two pillows is perfect for you. The down comforter is very durable and has got double stitching. It has got a posh look which will ensure that the product will last for a long time. This is available in Queen size as well as in King size and has medium-firm blend in its filling. It is made without any harmful substances and will ensure that you sleep without any interruption. This should only be dry-cleaned.
04. Topsleepy Goose Down and Feather Filling Twin
Made with 100% cotton, this down comforter is an imported product which has got goose down and goose feather filling. It is very lightweight and has got a cotton shell. This will give you comfort for all year round and will also provide you with warmth. This can easily be cleaned, moved, or stored and will give your skin a natural protective film. You can clean it conveniently on a washing machine and is perfect for allergy and skin permeability. It comes in two different sizes and is also very easy to maintain.
05. PUREDOWN Goose Down Comforter
In this down comforter, the stuffing comprises of white goose down and white goose feather of 75% and 25% respectively. It is made up of 100% cotton and will give you comfort and warmth in all types of season. This has got ventilated layer and has got box stitching which will avoid any kind of shifting. It is available in three different sizes and comes with double needle stitching. This is well-crafted and has got pipe edges along with corner tabs which anchor the duvet cover.
06. California-King Size Down-Comforter
This is another down comforter which will give you warmth and is made up of pure cotton. You can select from four different sizes, and it comes in a baffle box design which will prevent any form of shifting. This is hypo-allergenic and has to be only dry cleaned. It is in hand-harvested white and is very lightweight and comfortable. It is also very soft and will give you a nice cover at night. It is durable and is a perfect product which can be used to sleep.
07. Royal Hotel Overfilled Comforter
With this down comforter, you will be able to get the warmth and comfort for all year round. This is very smooth and is made up of cotton. There are three different sizes, and it is from a very worthy manufacturer. This is a luxury goose down comforter which is free from allergens. This can easily be washed with the machine and will last for a long time. This will not give any kind of shifting as it has got box stitching. This is lightweight and will well suit the décor of your bedroom.
08. Sanxiang Lightweight Goose Down Comforter
This is a lightweight down comforter which is fully filled with goose down. It does not have any goose feather and is free from allergens. This is made up of 100% organic cotton, and the thread count is 500. It comes in the size of 108 X 94 inches and is also very comfortable. This has got small boxes on it, and it can also be cleaned easily. You can dry clean it or wash it with cold water. It is durable and will give you warmth in winter, and for summer it is a perfect air-conditioner.
09. Basic Beyond All-Season Comforter
In this down comforter, there is a pure cotton shell and will give you an ultra-soft feeling. This is very luxurious and is a hypo-allergenic product which has got ultra-soft goose down fill. It has been box stitched to give it an elegant appearance, and it will also prevent the shifting of the fill. This will protect you from mites, mildew, and mold and has got corner tabs. In addition to this, there are also piped edges which will prevent any form of leakage. It comes in the size of 88 X 98 inches.
10. ROYALAY Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
If you are looking for something which is available in both King size and Queen size, then you might opt for this. The imported down comforter is made up of cotton and will give you a luxury feeling. This is not only beautiful but will provide you with good warmth, and it is also very lightweight and breathable. You can use it in all types of seasons, and it is free from allergens. The product is anti-bacterial and ideal for sensitive skin.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
There are many factors you have to keep in mind while selecting a down comforter to buy. Starting from the down comforter type to material and fill power, the following guide is what you need to go through for proper understanding.
– There are basically three types of down comforters available in the market. They are goose, duck and synthetic. Goose down comforter is the most common, and it is generally available in white and gray color, and they are premium and relatively expensive. They are long-lasting and provide more warmth for cooler seasons. The duck down comforters are more affordable as they are less filled ones. But they are more suitable for a warmer climate than a cooler season.
The synthetic ones are the alternative to both of these, and they are affordable and suitable for all seasons. Besides, one can differentiate the down comforters based on the fill material such as cotton, wool, and polyester.
– This is a technical parameter that most of the buyers fail to understand. The fill power is a direct measurement of the insulation of the comforter. The higher it is, the larger the clustering percentage and the better the insulation ability. The down comforters generally come with the fill power of 500-600, 600-700, and 700+. The first type is more affordable and considered as a good-quality comforter. It is suitable if the temperature does not go to the freezing point.
The second type is considered to be excellent comforters while the third type is outstanding. If the temperature falls under the freezing point in the winter season, the third type is a better option.
– There are different types of construction designs used for down comforters. The baffle box design is where strips of fabric are sewn between the top and bottom layer, and you get the highest loft and maximum cushion. The diamond-quilted is where the top and bottom layer of the comforter are sewn together in the diamond pattern to prevent shifting of the fill. The gusset is where walls are created to connect the bottom and top layers. The edges provide maximum loft.
Besides, there are other constructional designs such as Karo-step, ring stitch, and likewise. You can always check the images of the down comforters to understand and select accordingly.
It is always better to be informed than buying something blindly and regret later after use. Keep the above buying guide in mind and do your research before buying a down comforter that can serve your requirements perfectly. All the above down comforters are of high quality and available at different price points to suit your budget. You can buy multiple for all seasons. They are suitable for allergic skin type, and cleaning and caring are very easy.